Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Locks of Love

Over a year ago I started talking to Jayde about donating her hair to Locks of Love. If you don't know what Locks of Love is, it is an organization that collects donated hair and makes wigs for children who have lost their hair due to illness or other causes and who cannot afford to purchase a wig. The children get a new wig free of charge whenever they grow out of the old one until they are 18 years old. Jayde has always had long hair and we thought it would be really neat for her to do something like that. She has been growing her hair out for over a year. In order to donate hair it has to be at least 10 inches long. Well today we cut off 11 inches of hair. Jayde was really nervous before we went into the salon and I thought I would have a hard time, but in a way I am glad to see it go :) No more screaming when I comb her hair and spending countless hours curling her hair just to have it go straight within 2 hours. YAY! So here are some before, during and after pictures. After we cut her hair she said "This is the new me." and "You are not going to see me stop smiling all day!" I am so proud of Jayde for being so sweet and giving. She is such a wonderful girl and I am so proud of her in every way. I am a better person for having her as my daughter. If any of you know Jayde, you know that she has the biggest heart and is such an angel. I am so grateful to have her. I love you baby girl.


BEFORE:








There's no going back now!!!









AFTER:






8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Amanda!
What a doll! She is a bigger person than I ~ I have thought about that a few times but have never waned to give up my long locks :) She is such a sweet and giving person!
Great job raising such great kids!
And her new hair cut looks fabulous!!

Melissa said...

I think it turned out so stinkin cute! I'm so glad you already posted these. The cell phone pic didn't show me the entire "new Jayde"

Anonymous said...

Oh she is soo cute!!! That new hair cut looks GREAT on her!!!!

SW Portraits said...

she is gorgeous! The new do looks adorable on her. Good for her for donating her hair!

Erin said...

These are so cute. Love the haircut.

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

YAY JAYDE!!! we donated a few years back. it's such an awesome cause and what an awesome blessed thing to do for the children!!! her new do is way killer!!

Brooke said...

your little girl is a doll! what a sweetheart! my stinker cut her hair .....for kicks! her (my girls) short little do just isnt the same for me! oh well it grows right ): love the short hair on yours though!!!!!

Mickey Family said...

ah, she looks so cute! But it makes her look a year or 2 older! :( I don't want my little 5 year old to cut off hers beacuse she is growing up so fast already! But we have the same tangles and crying issues, so it might happen!

Add to Technorati Favorites
 

Free Counter